This morning, I could decide whether I wanted a smoothie or a tea with my breakfast. I was up early, so a tea would be great. However, it’s fairly warm, so I wasn’t anxious to have a hot drink. Instead, I decided to make a combination of the two, a smoothie that uses tea as a base. This smoothie takes a bit of planning, because you need to steep the tea and then chill it before blending. If you decide you can’t wait for the tea to cool, it melts the ice cubes and the smoothie is thin, but cold and refreshing.
Do you add cold tea to your smoothies? What flavours of tea do you add?
Mango and Banana Chai Tea Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups Chai Tea (steeped and chilled) – approximate cost $0.10
- 1 banana, sliced in half – approximate cost $0.60
- 1/2 cup frozen mango pieces – approximate cost $0.75
- 1/2 cup coconut milk – approximate cost $0.50
- 12 ice cubes
- Blend the tea, ice, coconut milk and fruit.
- Serve in two tall glasses.
Makes 2 servings (approximate cost: $0.98 per serving).
Wednesday Link Parties
- What’s Cooking Wednesday(hosted by The King’s Court IV, Turning The Clock Back, and Confessions of an Overworked Mom)
- Whole Foods Wednesday (hosted by Katie from This Chick Cooks)
- Cast Party Wednesday (hosted by Lady Behind the Curtain)
- Fresh Foods Wednesday (hosted by Kristy from Gastronomical Sovereignty)
- Allergy Free Wednesdays (hosted by Gluten Free Pantry, Real Food Allergy Free, The Tasty Alternative, Tessa The Domestic Diva, The Willing Cook, Gluten Freely Frugal, and Whole New Mom
- Whatcha’ Whipped Up Wednesday (hosted by DJ’s Sugar Shack)
- Wednesday Whatsits (hosted by White Lights on Wednesday)