At the raw cooking workshop, we prepared raw chocolate truffles with cashew kream. I’m usually note a huge fan of sweets, but the tartness of the lemon in the sauce made it taste refreshing. This was very enjoyable!
Raw Chocolate Truffles with Cashew Kream
Recipe by RAW food chef Renee Shaidle
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds (soaked and dried)
- 1 cup of dates
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 lemon, squeeze
- 2-3 tbsp agave
- In a food processor, blend walnuts and almonds for about 30 seconds.
- With the food processor still running, add coconut, cacao, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, add the dates to create a sticky consistency. Continue to process until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Divide the mixture into 1 tsp portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Blend the cashews, lemon, and agave until it forms a smooth icing-like consistency.
Putting it all together
- Serve the truffles with the cashew kream drizzled on top.