This is a quick and easy way to prepare fish when you don’t have much time to cook. This recipe is adapted from one of the recipe cards I picked up at the local grocery store. The original recipe calls for more of a creamy sauce. I’ve changed the recipe so everything cooks together in the oven (fewer dishes later) and the sauce is more of a topping.
Trout with lemon and tarragon
- 2 fillets of trout (or any other fish, it would probably be good for salmon, etc.) – approximate cost $7.00
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon leaves – approximate cost $0.20
- ½ lemon, cut into 4 pieces – approximate cost $0.80
- ¼ teaspoon of salt – approximate cost $0.05
- ¼ teaspoon pepper – approximate cost $0.05
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the fish fillets in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the fish with the tarragon leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Place two lemon slices on top of each piece of fish.
- Bake fish for 15-20 minutes (Until the fish is flaky and cooked through)
Serve immediately. The lemon should be very soft. Use your fork to gently press on the lemon to release the lemon flavor.
Makes 2 servings (approximate cost: $4.05 per serving).