B’s not a huge fan of lettuce. He never orders it on subs or wraps and calls it a ‘garnish.’ Because we had so much other food lined up, I decided we could skip the lettuce in our salad and enjoy the crisp, fresh vegetables. This was my favourite dish in the entire meal. I prepare the salads in less than 5 minutes, there are only a few ingredients, it’s relatively inexpensive, and it’s delicious.
Don’t believe me? Try this salad yourself!
Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese and Lemon Juice
- 1 English cucumber – approximate cost $1.50
- 1 package of grape tomatoes – approximate cost $2.50
- 100 grams of goat cheese – approximate cost $1.50
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice – approximate cost $0.15
- 1 teaspoon sea salt – approximate cost $0.05
- Slice the cucumber into quarters.
- Chop each of the cucumber quarters into bite-sized pieces and place into four bowls.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half and divide slices evenly between the four bowls.
- Crumble the goat cheese and place approximately 25 grams of cheese in each bowl.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice over each serving.
- Sprinkle each serving with ¼ teaspoon of sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings (approximate cost: $1.43 per serving).