Happy New Year!
I love taking home leftovers from the holidays. You can make so many new meals with leftover turkey: casseroles, enchiladas, wraps, and of course, sandwiches. One of my favourites is the hot turkey sandwich. It only relies on having leftovers (no new ingredients), so you don’t have to make a shopping trip during the holiday rush. It’s simple. It’s quick to prepare. And it’s delicious.
What is your favourite dish to make with your holiday leftovers?
Hot Turkey Sandwich
- Leftover cooked turkey – approximate cost $1.00
- Leftover gravy – approximate cost $0.25
- Leftover stuffing (optional) – approximate cost $1.00
- Leftover dinner roll – approximate cost $1.00
- Heat the ingredients that you would like warmed (gravy, turkey, stuffing).
- Assemble the sandwich.
Makes 1 serving (approximate cost: $3.25 per serving).