Lately, smoothies have been my breakfast of choice. They take very little time to make. They’re super healthy. The mess is quick to clean up. And, if I’m running late, it’s easy to take to class.
I’ve been experimenting with a variety of ingredients: frozen fruits (strawberries, mangoes, raspberries, peaches, bananas, etc.), nuts (cashews, pecans, almonds), and liquids (coconut water, almond milk, chlorophyll).
I’ve also been trying out smoothies with greens. This morning I had a smoothie with spinach. It took a while to get used to the idea of blending vegetables with the fruit. Bryan told me I was weird for blending spinach and strawberries. That’s ok, more delicious smoothie for me!
This particular smoothie turned out really well. It may not look particularly pretty, but I assure you it was tasty.
Strawberry and Cashew Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberry slices – approximate cost $1.50
- ¼ cup raw cashews – approximate cost $0.50
- 1 teaspoon of chlorophyll – approximate cost $0.10
- 1 ½ cups almond milk – approximate cost $1.00
- Blend strawberry slices, cashews, chlorophyll and almond milk until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings (approximate cost: $1.55 per serving).