I’m really enjoying green smoothies. I tried my first green smoothie the other weekend after yoga. The rationale was that, of I try it out at a restaurant first and don’t like it, I haven’t bought all of the supplies to make green smoothies at home. And, if I did like it, I would have an idea of what ingredients I like in a green smoothie.
I tried the Green Monkey (banana,strawberry, and spinach) smoothie from Seven Shores Cafe. So very very yummy. I’ve tried recreating the smoothie at home a few times now. My smoothies aren’t as good. I’m probably missing some super important ingredient. But they’re still tasty and healthy.
Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk – approximate cost $0.50
- 1 cup frozen strawberry slices – approximate cost $1.25
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced – approximate cost $0.50
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach – approximate cost $0.75
- Combine almond milk, spinach, banana, and strawberry slices in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Makes about 2 servings (approximate cost: $1.50 per serving).