I’m sick. (What a way to start the month…) Today’s breakfast photo is of a very healthy smoothie, full of vitamin C, that will hopefully contribute to a speedy recovery. I need to be better by Sunday, when I will be participating in the Power of Movement, Canada’s largest yoga fundraiser that donates to arthritis and autoimmune research. I’m part of the Fearless Heart Yoga team, check out our team’s page for more details.
I realize that sharing the recipe for my breakfast is not part of the challenge, but this smoothie is fantastic, so I must share!
- 1 cup pineapple juice – approximate cost $0.75
- 1 cup baby spinach – approximate cost $0.40
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds – approximate cost $0.25
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water – approximate cost $0.75
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced – approximate cost $1.00
- 1/2 cup banana slices (or 1 ripe banana) – approximate cost $0.50
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and sliced – approximate cost $1.00
- Place pineapple juice and chia seeds in the blender. Allow the seeds to soak in the juice for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (baby spinach, coconut water, orange, banana slices, and granny smith apple) to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two tall glasses and enjoy!
Makes about 2 servings (approximate cost: $2.33 per serving).