I bought a few too many tortillas when preparing our Mexican-themed dinner the other week. Usually Bryan eats tortillas for a snack, so I bought two packs to make sure there would still be tortillas to make the spicy chicken enchiladas. Turns out one package would have been more than enough. Now, I’m looking for creative ways to use up the extra tortillas.
In addition, we also had some bananas that were very ripe and needed to be used up.
The solution? Peanut Butter and Banana breakfast quesadillas!
What’s your favourite way to use up leftover tortillas and/or bananas?
Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Quesadillas
- 2 tortillas – approximate cost $0.50
- 2 very ripe bananas, sliced – approximate cost $1.25
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter – approximate cost $1.00
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided – approximate cost $0.05
- 1 tablespoon of butter, divided – approximate cost $0.10
- Lay the two tortillas on a clean, flat surface.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over each tortilla, making sure to go right to the edge (more if you want).
- Arrange the banana slices on half of the tortilla (not quite to the edges).
- Fold in half and use the peanut butter to seal the edges.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan.
- Fry the quesadilla until it is golden brown in colour.
- Flip and fry the other side.
- Move the quesadilla to a plate.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy.
Makes 2 servings (approximate cost: $1.45 per serving).