Orientation week flew by and I’m back in classes this week. Which means I’m cooking breakfast at home more often before heading to campus. I’m in a new office and have a new desk this year. I haven’t had a chance to spend much time there yet, but it’s got nice comfy chairs and lots of working space, I even have a cabinet (where I will store tea and some honey, and maybe a few snacks).
That said… I’m off to school! My very first class as a PhD student is this afternoon!
What’s your favourite quick breakfast food?
Scrambled Eggs with Polish Sausage
- 5 eggs – approximate cost $1.50
- 125 grams polish sausage – approximate cost $1.15
- 1 teaspoon olive oil – approximate cost $0.10
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt – approximate cost $0.05
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper – approximate cost $0.05
- 1/2 cup water
- Slice the Polish sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Heat half of the olive oil (1/2 teaspoon) in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the polish sausage and cook until browned and heated through.
- Remove polish sausage to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Whisk together the eggs, water, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Heat the remaining half of the olive oil (1/2 teaspoon) in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Return the polish sausage to the frying pan.
- Mix well.
Makes 2 servings (approximate cost: $1.43 per serving).
Wednesday Link Parties
- What’s Cooking Wednesday(hosted by The King’s Court IV, Turning The Clock Back, and Confessions of an Overworked Mom)
- Cast Party Wednesday (hosted by Lady Behind the Curtain)
- Allergy Free Wednesdays (hosted by Gluten Free Pantry, Real Food Allergy Free, The Tasty Alternative, Tessa The Domestic Diva, The Willing Cook, Gluten Freely Frugal, and Whole New Mom
- Whatcha’ Whipped Up Wednesday (hosted by DJ’s Sugar Shack)
- Wednesday Whatsits (hosted by White Lights on Wednesday)