Last week was Bryan’s birthday! On his birthday, I shared with you a list of some of his favourite items that I have shared on this blog. Because we’ve both been incredibly busy, our first opportunity to celebrate his birthday was Saturday evening.
To save on money (and a secondary motive of getting some interesting blog content), we decided to stay in to celebrate Bryan’s birthday. Don’t get me wrong, I spent more than usual on this dinner. It’s not every day you celebrate a birthday!
This week, I’ll be sharing three recipes with you. These recipes are how we celebrated Bryan’s birthday on a “less than we would have paid having a a fancy dinner out at a restaurant” price. All of the dishes were requested by Bryan, but I was given free creativity for preparation and presentation (although “no parsley” was another of the requests).
Hope you will enjoy reading about them (we sure enjoyed consuming them)!
- 350 grams high-quality fresh sirloin (buy this from a trusted butcher) – approximate cost $7.00
- 1 fresh egg – approximate cost $0.30
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce – approximate cost $0.05
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard – approximate cost $0.25
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce – approximate cost $0.20
- 1 teaspoon olive oil – approximate cost $0.10
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt – approximate cost $0.05
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper – approximate cost $0.05
- 3 teaspoons capers – approximate cost $0.75
- 1 baguette – approximate cost $2.00
- Slice the beef into very small (about 1/2 cm or smaller) pieces.
- Combine the beef slices, egg, sriracha, dijon mustard, worchestershire sauce, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Move mixture to a serving bowl.
- Serve with slices of baguette and a side of capers.
Makes about 4 servings (approximate cost: $2.69 per serving) or 2 large servings (approximate cost: $5.36 per serving).
Monday Link Parties
- Must Try Mondays (hosted by My Favourite Finds)
- Marvelous Mondays (hosted by Julie from This Gal Cooks, Ang from Juggling Act, Pamela from It’s Me Again…Pamela, and Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner)
- Mop It Up Mondays (hosted by Kristi from I Should Be Mopping the Floor)
- Mouthwatering Monday (hosted by Rachel from A Southern Fairytale)
- Hunk of Meat Monday (hosted by Beyer Beware)
- Makin’ You Crave Monday (hosted by Mrs. Happy Homemaker)
- Made by you Monday (hosted by Skip to my Lou)
- Melt in Your Mouth Monday (hosted by Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms)
- On the Menu Monday (hosted by Stone Gable)