The steak tartare appetizer went over well. But it was definitely a bit too much for two people. So, for the next hour we chatted and hung out at the dinner table, enjoying some wine gifted to me by one of my best friends (her dad made the wine). The wine was fantastic and Bryan agreed. It’s not often we agree on wine!
Because the appetizer was so filling, the dinner itself was light, meat and a salad (we had plenty of carbs to fill us up from the baguette). Next up was a lovely salad.
Salad with Organic Peppered Greens, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Cucumber
- 1/8 pound organic peppery salad greens (spicy) – approximate cost $2.00
- 4 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced – approximate cost $2.00
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced – approximate cost $0.50
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar – approximate cost $0.50
- Divide the greens into two bowls.
- Divide the tomato and cucumber slices evenly between the two bowls.
- Drizzle each salad with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings (approximate cost: $2.50 per serving).