One Lovely Blog Award
I was very excited last week to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by kme141 who blogs at Read: Cook: Live! Thank you so much for the nomination! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that someone thinks highly enough of this blog to nominate it. 🙂
According to the rules of receiving this award, in this post I must share 7 random facts about myself and then nominate 15 blogs to receive the award. Which made me realize that I’ve shared a lot about cooking, family, and pets… but not a whole lot about myself. So I guess this post sort of doubles as an introduction of sorts.
7 random facts about me
- When I started blogging in June 2011 (not that long ago), I was very nervous about over-sharing about my personal life. But, after reading blogs and some advice from Jeanette at This Dusty House, I slowly began to open up, share more, and in return (I think) made my blog posts a bit more interesting.
- I prefer to stay busy. Aside from being a full time student, I practice Ashtanga Yoga, maintain this blog, and enjoy spending any remaining free time with family and friends.
- I started working towards a PhD in English this month. I study rhetoric and video games (which is just as awesome as it sounds) and have strong interest in education.
- While I always love the comforts of food that reminds me of home and my childhood, my every day food preferences are very different from what I would eat growing up.
- I feel like food blogging has turned me into a bit of a food snob, even though my intention is to share relatively healthy foods that are affordable.
- I don’t drink coffee. I used to, but one day a little over a year ago, I decided I didn’t like the taste or smell of it anymore. It was a very sudden change. Instead, I enjoy a cup of tea each morning (usually Moroccan Mint).
- I love dogs (and most other pets).
15 nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award
These nominees are in no particular order. Just a collection of blog that I enjoy reading regularly.
- This Dusty House
- Kitchen Inspirations
- Sophie’s Foodie Files
- MJ’s Kitchen
- Ginger Bakes
- Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Dominican Heat
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fine Frugality
- Como Water
- Good Food Not Much Time
- The Lean Green Bean
- Our Life In Food
- Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
- The Ranch Wife Chronicles