I’m back! I took a bit of a break from blogging the last few weeks. Life was overwhelmingly busy, so I took a bit of time off. To get some work done. To relax and enjoy what little personal time I had available. To cook, eat well, and take a few new photos to share. I missed blogging. I wondered what the other food bloggers I hear from regularly were up to. I’ll be catching up on that later this week.
What kept me so busy? School, projects, research, work, and a convocation ceremony! On Saturday, I officially received my MA degree. I’m still working on getting pictures. I was so happy to have many friends and family there to support me! I lent my camera to dad, so I have a few pics already.
I’m hoping that this week I can get back to my usual blogging routine! (Coming soon, a cookbook review!)
Breakfast Mess with Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes and Green Peppers
- 10 medium red potatoes, diced – approximate cost $1.50
- 3 cloves garlic, minced – approximate cost $0.50
- 3 green peppers, diced – approximate cost $3.00
- 4 Oktoberfest sausage, casing removed – approximate cost $4.50
- 8 eggs – approximate cost $1.50
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt – approximate cost $0.05
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – approximate cost $0.05
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil – approximate cost $0.10
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat a frying pan (and 1/2 teaspoon of oil) over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add the Oktoberfest sausage.
- Brown the sausage and break into pieces as it cooks.
- Whisk eggs and water in a bowl.
- Preheat a second frying pan (and 1/2 teaspoon of oil) over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into the frying pan.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Add green peppers to the cooked sausage.
- Remove scrambled eggs from heat and add to sausage.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve!
Makes about 6 servings (approximate cost: $1.87 per serving).
Monday Link Parties
- Must Try Mondays (hosted by My Favourite Finds)
- Marvelous Mondays (hosted by Julie from This Gal Cooks, Ang from Juggling Act, Pamela from It’s Me Again…Pamela, and Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner)
- Manic Monday (hosted by Melissa from Serendipity and Spice)
- Mop It Up Mondays (hosted by Kristi from I Should Be Mopping the Floor)
- Mouthwatering Monday (hosted by Rachel from A Southern Fairytale)