Again keeping with my theme of things I can make quickly, our other side dish is another staple around here. Spicy green beans! The beans are not too spicy, just a bit of heat to make this dish more interesting!
The green beans were the least stressful part of the entire meal! Again, this is a side dish that I make regularly and knew would turn out well. Usually, I’ll use frozen green beans for this recipe. But, because it was a special occasion, I opted for fresh green beans.
The night before, I trimmed the beans and put them in a bowl of cold water. In a separate container was the butter and chopped garlic. And the spices were on the counter, ready to add on a moment’s notice. It was that easy. Best of all, everyone enjoyed them!
Spicy Green Beans with Garlic
- 2 cups fresh green beans – approximate cost $2.00
- 2 tablespoons butter – approximate cost $0.20
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil – approximate cost $0.10
- 2 cloves garlic, minced – approximate cost $0.20
- 1 teaspoon sea salt – approximate cost $0.05
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper – approximate cost $0.10
- Trim the green beans.
- Heat the butter and grapeseed oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic when the butter is melted.
- Cook garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add the green beans, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cook until beans are bright green but still crispy.
Makes 3 servings (approximate cost: $0.88 per serving).
Monday Link Parties
- Marvelous Mondays (hosted by Julie from This Gal Cooks, Ang from Juggling Act, Pamela from It’s Me Again…Pamela, and Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner)
- Manic Monday (hosted by Melissa from Serendipity and Spice)
- Mop It Up Mondays (hosted by Kristi from I Should Be Mopping the Floor)
- Hunk of Meat Monday (hosted by Beyer Beware)
- The Bulletin Board (hosted by Mrs. Happy Homemaker)
- Made by you Monday (hosted by Skip to my Lou)
- Melt in Your Mouth Monday (hosted by Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms)
- On the Menu Monday (hosted by Stone Gable)