I made a kitchen purchase. And sold a few other items. And oh I’m so happy with the decision!
I said goodbye to a few items that I found I hadn’t been using. Goodbye pasta maker, ravioli maker, bread maker and waffle maker! It’s been good, but you were taking up a lot of space in my kitchen. Thank you Kijiji for helping me re-home these functioning but unused items (and helping to get a bit of cash towards the purchase of my new item).
Hello and welcome juicer!
I’ve gone a bit overboard with the juicing. I’m buying more fresh vegetables than ever before (which is great, except that they’re quite expensive in the winter months). I’ve had a fresh juice every morning and a few evenings since I made the purchase. A friend recommended that I go to the discount grocery store that is a bit further than the usual store at which I shop. That has helped very much in keeping the cost down.
So, I’m sorry in advance if I’m overloading you with juice recipes over the next month or more. But they’re so healthy and delicious! And already I’ve noticed that I’m getting more adventuresome in what I will try.
Today, I’m sharing a sweet-tasting green juice. The pear, apple, and grapes make it sweet and helps you ease in to drinking greens. If you have been wanting to try green juices, this is a great way to start out!
Sweet Green Juice
- 1 small handful of parsley – approximate cost $0.30
- 1 russet pear – approximate cost $0.30
- 2 large handfuls of spinach – approximate cost $0.50
- 1 Macintosh apple – approximate cost $0.30
- 30 red grapes – approximate cost $0.60
- Add the ingredients to the juicer one at a time, starting with the softest ingredients and moving to the most dense:
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving (approximate cost: $2.00 per serving).
Wednesday Link Parties
- Cast Party Wednesday (hosted by Lady Behind the Curtain)
- Fresh Foods Wednesday (hosted by Kristy from Gastronomical Sovereignty)
- Allergy Free Wednesdays (hosted by Gluten Free Pantry, Real Food Allergy Free, The Tasty Alternative, Tessa The Domestic Diva, The Willing Cook, Gluten Freely Frugal, and Whole New Mom
- Wednesday Whatsits (hosted by White Lights on Wednesday)
- Fluster’s Creative Muster Party (hosted by Fluster Buster)