When I first purchased the juicer, I had many conversations with my friend J about what kinds of juices to try (she’s been juicing for a while now). I was getting a bit bored of making the same juice every day, so she suggested a beet and carrot juice.
I immediately declined to try it. I don’t like carrot juice.
I am so glad that J encouraged me to give it another try with a few other yummy ingredients! I could barely taste the carrot juice and still got all the fantastic benefits of drinking carrot juice! The apple give it some nice sweetness. And I loved the suggestion to finish it off with some fresh ginger!
YUM! I think this is my new favourite juice!
Carrot, Beet, and Greens Juice
- 2 carrots – approximate cost $0.30
- 2 beets – approximate cost $0.30
- 2 handfuls spinach – approximate cost $0.50
- 1 handful (about 5 leaves) romaine lettuce – approximate cost $0.40
- 1 Macintosh apple – approximate cost $0.30
- 1 knob ginger – approximate cost $0.05
- Add the ingredients to the juicer one at a time, starting with the softest ingredients and moving to the most dense:
- Romaine lettuce
- Macintosh apple
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving (approximate cost: $1.85 per serving).
Wednesday Link Parties
- Cast Party Wednesday (hosted by Lady Behind the Curtain)
- Fresh Foods Wednesday (hosted by Kristy from Gastronomical Sovereignty)
- Allergy Free Wednesdays (hosted by Gluten Free Pantry, Real Food Allergy Free, The Tasty Alternative, Tessa The Domestic Diva, The Willing Cook, Gluten Freely Frugal, and Whole New Mom
- Wednesday Whatsits (hosted by White Lights on Wednesday)
- Fluster’s Creative Muster Party (hosted by Fluster Buster)