One Lovely Blog Award
I was very excited last week to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by kme141 who blogs at Read: Cook: Live! Thank you so much for the nomination! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that someone thinks highly enough of this blog to nominate it.
According to the rules of receiving this award, in this post I must share 7 random facts about myself and then nominate 15 blogs to receive the award. Which made me realize that I’ve shared a lot about cooking, family, and pets… but not a whole lot about myself. So I guess this post sort of doubles as an introduction of sorts.
7 random facts about me
- When I started blogging in June 2011 (not that long ago), I was very nervous about over-sharing about my personal life. But, after reading blogs and some advice from Jeanette at This Dusty House, I slowly began to open up, share more, and in return (I think) made my blog posts a bit more interesting.
- I prefer to stay busy. Aside from being a full time student, I practice Ashtanga Yoga, maintain this blog, and enjoy spending any remaining free time with family and friends.
- I started working towards a PhD in English this month. I study rhetoric and video games (which is just as awesome as it sounds) and have strong interest in education.
- While I always love the comforts of food that reminds me of home and my childhood, my every day food preferences are very different from what I would eat growing up.
- I feel like food blogging has turned me into a bit of a food snob, even though my intention is to share relatively healthy foods that are affordable.
- I don’t drink coffee. I used to, but one day a little over a year ago, I decided I didn’t like the taste or smell of it anymore. It was a very sudden change. Instead, I enjoy a cup of tea each morning (usually Moroccan Mint).
- I love dogs (and most other pets).
15 nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award
These nominees are in no particular order. Just a collection of blog that I enjoy reading regularly.
- This Dusty House
- Kitchen Inspirations
- Sophie’s Foodie Files
- MJ’s Kitchen
- Ginger Bakes
- Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Dominican Heat
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fine Frugality
- Como Water
- Good Food Not Much Time
- The Lean Green Bean
- Our Life In Food
- Fig Jam and Lime Cordial
- The Ranch Wife Chronicles